Thursday, November 6, 2014

Ummm, let's try this again!

Ok I know it's been forever but I thought I'd try my hand at blogging again. There's been a lot going on in the Wedlund household. Cadence has started school, Luke has turned 2 years old, and we just had Halloween! Cadence decided that she wanted to be Elsa for Halloween this year, so we decided to dress up as a family again.
Steve decided to be Kristof, I decided to be Anna, and we decided Luke should be Olaf. The kid's costumes we decided to buy, but due to lack of availability I had to make Steve's and my costume.
I tried making them by hand off a pattern, however, that did not go so well.
I ended up making Steve's out of a T-shirt and mine out of a tank top and other pieces I found on Amazon. Thank goodness for Amazon! I used a tutorial off of a website that I found on Pinterest for Steve's and my costume and I think they turned out pretty well.
We had a blast at trunk-or-treat. We even decorated the car like frozen. Everybody wanted to visit the frozen car. We even had a tent set up so the Toddlers could hide inside if they wanted. Although to be honest it was mostly to keep Luke busy.
We also took a trip to the pumpkin patch with our good friend Stephanie and her daughter Ila. The kids had fun playing in the hay, climbing up the hay pyramid, and going through the hay maze. We also let them pick out a few small pumpkins to take home, although it ended up being about 10 I think. Boy do my kids love pumpkins!
Cadence also had spirit week at school. Her favorite was crazy hair day.
All in all, we had a great but busy month. We have an upcoming trip with some good friends to Tahoe. I am so excited I've never been to Tahoe and I'm looking forward to it.
On the job front, Steve has been trying to transfer back to Florida. No luck yet but we will keep chugging along until we get something. Although I'll miss my friends here, it'll be nice to be able to be near family again. (Miss you guys!)




No comments: